Wildlife advice

Wildlife advice

© Amy Lewis

Sightings, sick, injured, or dead animals

Seeing wildlife can be incredible, but it can be hard to know what to do in certain situations. Maybe you have come across an injured or dead animal, or maybe you suspect that a crime has been committed. Our wildlife advice pages will help you know what to do and who to contact if you do find yourself in these situations.

Robin sitting in the grass, The Wildlife Trusts

© Tom Hibbert

The Wildlife Trusts do not offer a general service for the care and rehabilitation of wildlife, although some individual Trusts may offer local services. We also do not offer any services related to the discovery, reporting, or disposal of dead animals, but our advice pages will help you know what to do if you find one.

Quick contacts

Injured wildlife

The RSPCA (SSPCA for Scotland, or the USPCA for Northern Ireland) and Help Wildlife's pages carry more detailed advice on what to do with injured birds and other wildlife. Help Wildlife also have a useful map to help find your local wildlife rescue service.

Marine sightings and strandings

Visit the marine sightings and strandings page for a detailed list of contacts.

Wildlife crime

If you witness a wildlife crime taking place, call 999. For a non-emergency, call 101. If you would like to give information regarding a crime anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.