Join thousands of people right across the country who are brightening up the wintery days by signing up for 12 Days Wild. You can get closer to nature with this festive challenge from The Wildlife Trusts even when it’s cold and wet outside. Do one wild thing each day from 25th December to 5th January as part of 12 Days Wild. You’ll receive daily inspirational emails jam-packed with fun ideas to help you connect with wildlife and lift your mood.
Spending time in nature can help you feel happier and healthier, as our summer challenge, 30 Days Wild, has shown. Whether you take a walk in the park, watch out for starling murmurations, or create some natural art, this shorter, winter challenge is for everyone to enjoy.
Signing up is also a chance to give something back to nature by making some small changes. You could go plastic-free for New Year, recycle your Christmas cards, feed the birds or volunteer at a local nature reserve.
12 Days Wild is bursting with creative ideas to give you a natural boost. You could:
- Do some detective work and spot animal tracks in the mud or snow
- Get crafty using natural materials and create some wild art
- Go wild in town or country and visit a nature reserve
- Beat the January blues by listening to our Wild about Wellbeing podcast
- Make a New Year’s resolution for nature to go plastic free/cycle to work/volunteer
Or simply get out there and enjoy a walk on the wild side!