Join our Big Wild Walk this October
Get active, discover your local nature reserves, make memories and raise money for your Wildlife Trust! By taking part in the Big Wild Walk, you will be helping us on our mission to reach 30% of land and sea connected and protected for nature’s recovery by 2030.
For our new fundraising challenge, we want you to set yourself a walking challenge this October to raise money for The Wildlife Trusts. The level of difficulty is completely up to you: aim for 10,000 steps a day or push yourself to do 150,000 in seven days.
Let's help wildlife fight back!
What do I need to do?
- Set up your fundraising page on JustGiving using this form;
- Decide on your goal: this could be anything you like e.g. steps per day or kilometres travelled. You can check out some wildlife-themed suggestions below;
- Download the resources within your welcome email from us;
- Share your JustGiving page with your friends and family, asking them to sponsor you;
- Keep us up to date with your progress by tagging us and using #BigWildWalk on your social media posts!
For me, there is nothing better than spending time in nature. Whether that's a short walk in a local park or nature reserve to a hike across some of this country's most beautiful landscapes. You'll feel the warmth that nature brings to all of us. The Big Wild Walk from The Wildlife Trusts is a fantastic way to both enjoy and support the natural world. Nature needs our help right now and we can all make a difference. Go brush off your walking boots, trainers or wellies and get involved!
What if I want to fundraise in a different way?
No problem! Check out our fundraising guide for more ideas, from solo challenges to team events, and a handy step-by-step guide to get you started.
Get your family involved, set up a remote relay team with friends, or take on the challenge yourself. There's lots of ways to take part in the #BigWildWalk!