What to do if you discover an injured animal

© Gillian Day

If you find an injured wild animal you should contact a local specialist animal rescue charity or the RSPCA.

These organisations may not always be able to collect injured animals, but they can often offer advice about what to do. In some cases they may be able to help look after them.

This website provides a nationwide directory of around 400 wildlife rescues in the UK who can help with wildlife casualties: http://helpwildlife.co.uk/directory/map/ 

If you enter your postcode, you can find your nearest rescue centres. Most of these organisations rely on volunteers, so please call the one that is closest to you first.

You can find details of your nearest RSPCA branch here: https://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/yourlocal