Anemone and brittlestars © Paul Naylor
You can help the marine environment:
- Join your Wildlife Trust. Become a member of your Wildlife Trust and support conservation in your local area.
- Respond the the consultation on Marine Conservation Zones!
- Become a Friend of a Marine Conservation Zone near you!
- Join the SOS team, our online campaigners’ network, to find out how you can support and take part in our marine campaigns.
- Share our vision. Tell your friends, family and colleagues about Living Seas, and ask them to help us too.
- Use environmentally friendly detergents.
- Avoid toxic chemicals in your home and garden.
- Reduce, recycle and reuse as much as possible, and dispose of rubbish carefully including taking old engine oil to a recycling centre.
- Buy seasonal and locally caught fish, and avoid deep water fish such as the orange roughy.
- Don’t buy ornaments or jewellery made from marine creatures.
- Ensure any creatures you buy for marine aquaria are bred in captivity.
- Volunteer. Contact your local Wildlife Trust to find out how you can get involved in Living Seas.
- Leave a legacy! Please contact us to discuss how you can support vital conservation projects around the UK. See the Living Seas projects for more information.
Thank you for your support!